See Democracy in Action
Become an Election Poll Worker
The clerk manages the overall tasks, activities, and poll workers in the polling place. Picks up election day materials from the elections office prior to election day. Returns specified materials to the elections office on election night. Pay rate is $130 per election, plus mileage to pick up and return election night materials.
The assistant clerk assists the clerk and shares his/her duties as needed and may substitute for the clerk if they are unable to serve. Pay rate is $125 per election.
Inspectors are responsible for properly processing voters, issuing ballots, setup and breakdown of voting booths, and reorganizing precinct building after the polls close. Pay rate is $120 per election.
Deputies are responsible for maintaining order at the polling place, assisting voters, setup and breakdown of voting booths, and reorganizing the precinct building after the polls close. Pay rate is $120 per election.
A substitute is a trained worker who is available to fill in for someone who is unable to work on election day. They are on stand-by from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or later on election night.
POLL WORKERS MUST:
- Be registered voter in Dixie County.
- Furnish own transportation to and from polls.
- Be able to lift approximately 20 lbs.
- Have good eyesight and hearing and be able to read and write English legibly.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, and have manual/physical
- Be able to deal courteously and patiently with the public and co-workers.
- Attend training classes prior to elections.
- Commit to work from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or later on Election Day. All poll workers must remain at the polls until the Clerk and Assistant Clerk have completed all forms and loaded all materials.
- Cannot leave the polling place during voting hours 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Provide own food and beverage on Election Day.
All Workers and Substitutes Will be Compensated
$30 for Each Poll Worker Training Class
Pay Rate is Subject to Change
To Apply to be a Poll Worker Click Here